Monday, February 23, 2009

A great weekend!!!

Gary & I left Friday afternoon to go to the valley. We had a full agenda Devin turning 16 Sunday and being ordained a priest was the reason we went but fit in a lot of other things. Saturday Gary and Steve went to the NHRA race while we went shopping Costco etc. Devin was our driver. That night we went to Texas Road House to eat. Cory, Staci , Pat and one of Devin's friends came with us, a total of 11 people. Sunday morning Gary and I got up early went to visit Gary's sister Myrna. She is in a care center in Phoenix she was asleep when we got there, but had a good visit. Then got back to Gretchen's went to church, after the block Devin was ordained a priest. I can't believe where the time has gone. Here are pictures of him as a deacon, teacher then priest.






Sunday evening we Bar- B- Que . Cory Staci and Pat came over for it. We ate and play scattergories.


Monday I took off work and had a doctor appointment regarding my knee. It has hurt me for a long time. I had a MRI done in 2006 and was told I had a baker cyst. The doctor took x-ray's today and told me I have severe arthritis, bone on bone I opt for a cortisone shot today if that doesn't work there are lubricating shots and then a knee replacement. I hope that is a long time away. Devin is now a legal driver he passed his driver test. Gary and I got home around 6:00pm. I am tired guess I'll to go to work to rest ha ha

2 comments:

Robin said...

I hope the shots work for you. I can imagine how painful that is. Wish I could have been there. Looks like you had a busy, but good time. Love you lots.

Habitually Hamblin said...

There is no way Devin is 16 already!!!!! That is crazy. Glad you could be there for him.
Sorry your arthritis is so bad! You would think your dumb boss could give you a hot pack to make it feel better for a while...sheez!
I was getting all these weird hits on my blog, like from Viet Nam and the middle East, so I blocked it and am only letting those people I like get into it, and I like you; only I need your email so I can add you on...only if you want to though. That just kind of freaked me out a little!