Sunday, June 20, 2010

Roller coaster ride


Life is just a roller coaster ride with it ups and downs. I have work at our hospital since 1991 and I call it a roller coaster ride I have worked under eight CEO’s they all have a different agenda. Work is on a ride now not sure how it is going to end. Then there is life with death, sickness; closing of business were all downs but then being blessed that you are able to spend time with family, money to pay your bills are ups.

In Brad Wilcox book “The Continuous Atonement” he said this “I remember as a young school teacher (with a large and active class) asking my wife Debi, “When does life even out? Why does it always feel like a roller coaster with so many highs and lows all in the same day? I wish life would just level out.”

Being a nurse, Debi replied, “Brad, when you get hooked up to the heart monitor, you don’t want to see a straight line. That’s bad news. It’s the up and down lines that let you know you are alive.

The highs and lows let us know we are participating and not just observing, learning and just not existing. President Gordon B Hinckley, said, “I know it isn’t easy, it’s discouraging at times, sure. Aren’t you glad it isn’t just fun all the time? Those valleys of discouragement make more beautiful the peaks of achievement”

So I am going to try and enjoy the ride and make the best of life set goals to be more positive and forgiving. I have been reading the Book of Mormon when I started this time I started looking for the word forgive or forgiveness it isn’t there very often but the word repent is almost on every page. Doing this will make the ride more bearable

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love your object lessons. They are always on the mark and so what I need. Thanks for sharing. Love you.