Friday, July 3, 2009

Roby




I have been thinking a lot about my brother Roby this week. He passed away June 29, 2004 and was burried July 5. I was eleven years old when he was born. I wanted to do every thing for him. I talked mom into letting me tend him one night and get up with him for his feeding, I had to be twelve then I am sure mom checked on me. I did his landry, washed bottles anything mom would let me. I was seventeen when I graduated high school and left home. So wasn’t home during his gowning up years. He was only eleven when our mom has a mass stroke and then three years later she passed away. My dad and he were best friends. They worked together cleaning the school, getting wood, looking after Lamar’s cows, any thing that had to be done. He was also helping us girls after we moved home with our kids. He was the one that baptized our children, and was like a father figure. I remember I had run out of wood one winter so he and I were out in the snow getting me some wood. I could go on and on. He was a wonderful brother.
I found this quote that I put on his funeral program. “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know; the only ones among you will be happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.”Albert Schweitzer. Every one in Alpine was always telling us how he had help them out. What a way to be remembered!!
He loved to take pictures this is one of his many.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I loved the photos. I'm sure this time of year is hard on you. Wish I could be there to give you a hug. Love you.